Monday, November 25, 2013

11/25/2013

This week In a sentence- "I CAN'T BREATHE AND MY FACE HURTS!" the week in a word- everywhere. So this week I was sick with a cold and now as you are aware a sinus infection. BUT I GOT TO MEET NEIL L. ANDERSEN AND SHAKE HIS HAND!!!! he was hilarious. Apparently Elder Packard calls him and several of the others "Kids" and told him to enjoy his youth while he still had it. when he walked in and we were all standing he asked "how long have they made you stand up?" also interesting note is he is a shorter guy and a little pudgy, not super big but he has a little gut, I found this amusing but I'm sick and haven't slept for a week.
 
Elder Andrew Hyde (I doubt I could ever call him Andrew or Andy or Drew or what ever he goes by) and Michael Allred (Please ask your parents about any Allreds in Mapleton as that's where he is from so even if he's not in the same ward he is in their stake and we are related to them through you fathers side (possibly mother I don't have the spread sheet with me anymore) him I could call Michael and he is who I really want to serve with next transfer, as with Carlisle going home in 3 weeks that would leave this area whitewashed or doubled in if I leave and since this is a district leader area and Allred is a district leader it would work perfectly. 
 
I already have lights btw (you can, as I have many times, thank the Clarkes for that one) a LED flashlight/ front lights as well as a back one that is red so I'm good on that front even if all I wear is black.   Also with Washington the spelling will never make sense, blame the Native Americans for that Puyallup, Sequium (pronounced Squim) and there are a few other places but I haven't served near them so I can't remember them.
 
I have mentioned Crystal in the past and I do lots for her, mostly as a joke about her and Carlisle, as he tends to joke around with her. I act as her Jeeves cleaning her house on Mondays, Vacuuming doing dishes and laundry (and the first thought that goes through your head is "who is this kid and what did he do with my son" but hey you can say you raised me right) she has helped a lot this week with us being sick and unable to do much, and now her own child is sick so we are helping her help her son Matthew (she doesn't want him to go by Matt just an FYI possibly because of the New Testament, IDK)
 
I totally agree with that Peterson kid (the name sounds vaguely familiar) and because of that I was kinda an anathema in the mission and I am now 100% vindicated after Elder Andersen's  talk about conversion and baptizing. This mission as I told you was very Baptizing crazy (second in US only to Utah) but about 30%(at least) of those shouldn't have happened but the "you must baptize" mentality still exists, yet here I came saying no that's not why I'm here, I'm here to invite and help others feel the Spirit so that they can make choices to become baptized.
 
It seems I have become the IT missionary in this area and have had to help people with computer problems and the like, which is weird because, well I thought that in such a tech crazy state people would know more then me by virtue of being from Washington. I'm happy to see that you did get Sister Del Valle, her and her husband were great to us (she is the one who made the trifle and the cupcake with yellow frosting in the pictures and her husband is the heavier black guy in the everything is better with bacon shirt (he gained a lot of weight becoming an IT guy) and I still occasionally keep in touch with them.)
 
hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving (if albeit a quiet one) Elder "mah fath hurths" Banks  

No comments:

Post a Comment